For years, the Municipal Government of Mayagüez has been working on improving public transit for its citizens. For this reason, a number of studies have been conducted, achieving the following results:
- 2005-2007: Estudio de Planificación y de Viabilidad para el Corredor de Transportación Pública para el Distrito Central de Mayagüez” (URS) – sponsored by the Municipality of Mayagüez and the Highway Authority of PR.
- 2007: Plan de Ordenación Territorial de Mayagüez – adopts policies consistent with development of public transit.
- Mayagüez 2010: Caribbean and Central American Games – implementation of a successful bus transportation system.
- 2012: Sistema de Transporte Integrado de Mayagüez (TIM) – implemented in stages.
- 2013-Present: Municipality initiates an Alternatives Analysis entitled the “Mayagüez Transit Study” to study options and prepare an application for funding under the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) “Small Starts” program in the summer of 2015.
This studio was completed on September 2015.
Copyright 2014. All rights reserved. Municipality of Mayagüez